As I am sure many of you know she was diagnosed with cancer when I was back in college. I remember thinking that this was the end, all the memories would soon be ending and I would be left with no mother.
I remember I was the one who had to shave her head when her hair began to fall out, change her infected pads on her port, and each day live through thinking it was the end. But God had other plans. She conquered that cancer.
Awhile passed when they found another kind of cancer affecting her body. This second time the Doctors have told her she has lymphoid's in her neck, between her heart and aorta, and in the past year more were found in her abnamin and into her pelvic. Now I tell this to you because if any of you reading knows her, NOTHING stops her. She out cooks, out cleans, out shops, and out serves many of us. No one would ever know she has a threating disease within her body. God has plans for her and she believes in the Hope of Christ. She is a role model for many to follow. My mom is not only my mother and role model, but a best friend. She has taught me much about the life God has given to me and much about being a mom that seeks God's grace and leading.
My news to you all today is that at her last cat scan she received great news. The cancer is not showing up in many of the places it was before, and she is in a stable condition. Much to praise the great Healer for. He indeed hears and answers prayers, and is still working today. No matter what the results are in life we have much to be thankful for and many reasons to live a life of joy.
Hannah and my mom getting ready for a tea party.

2 comments:
He chooses many ways to glorify Himself. Praise Him for them all and we rejoice with you in the attitude of your mother and the Hand of our Father... in the Name of God Saves!
Thank you Lord! I am thanking him along with you!
Post a Comment