Monday, August 13, 2007

30!


30..... wrinkles are coming, gray hair has begun, body aches are arising, turning in for the evening is arriving earlier, and things on my body are relocating!

And the real kicker, in a year it will be closer to Hannah's graduation, than my own.


I have been dreading this day for a long time now. For those of you that are not here yet, don't even talk to me, for those of you that didn't have a problem turning 30, well I don't get you, and for those of you that had a hard time turning 30, thanks for understanding!


I don't know why but this is a hard birthday, and it's not just because Eli got me up at 6am. In a way I feel responsible to be grown up and I don't much feel like doing that. I always thought of 30 as being old and all grown up and now here it is and I am 30. It is really weird to know that I have arrived.


To leave us on a positive note...... Jesus started his ministry at 30, so I suppose I am just beginning.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm with ya' girl. Although, I think I had a harder time turning 25 than 30.

Your comment about Jesus is so true! I wonder if that's what makes us feel like we need to grow up and do something meaningful. From reading your blog, you are doing meaningful things to expand God's kingdom.

Anonymous said...

You have no idea what that means to me right now. I really needed that, thank you.

jana said...

Happy Special Day! I turned 30 this year as well...gracefully I hope! I am reminded daily that now I can be the grown up...LOL! There are often days that I don't think people take me seriously as an adult (maybe b/c I don't act like one very much!) but regardless, when they hear I am 30 they rethink their decisions. It is all going to be great! You still look like you are in your early 20s!

Anonymous said...

Your to kind!
When do you turn 30?