Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This past week...

This past week we had a couple stay with us. A couple who has no permenate address, a couple who has all of their possessions in their car, and who get up and go where God wants them to at a drop of a hat.
Shannon and I were privileged to have them stay in our home while they listened to God's calling to do what was next. Their next big thing they want to do is travel Africa for a year, showing God's people His amazing love. They minister to people where ever they go, including me. They really taught me a lot while they stayed with us. I saw their simple life style and I yearned for that, I saw their adventurous attitudes and their desire to do what God wants of them. I kept thinking how cool is that.... I have always dreamed of changing the world, to live among people who don't know Christ, and to have a daily adventure with God. But most of all what I learned and saw the most from them was their complete trust in God through prayer. Dying to one self everyday to listen to what God wants. Although I have a permanent address and more possessions than I know what to do with, and I have kids so the adventures usually consist of ones in the back yard, I still can die to myself everyday and listen to what God wants of me. To fully rely on His goodness and to fully trust in his care for me.
So I may not be able to change the world but God placed me on Dwight Street with plenty of ministry all around. With dozens of children who long to receive a kind word, a loving touch, and a listening ear.
I am thankful to Eric and Andrea who reminded me through their life that God longs for me to have an adventure with Him everyday!

3 comments:

jana said...

Cindie- we must be kindred spirits...my trip to Liberia showed me that downsizing one's American lifestyle is good! We (actually got Matt to understand)are working on that constantly, that is when the DEEP call to adoption hit me, all the kids need is love. They thrive for it, regardless of country of origin. I knew Christianna would not need the world to live in America, she still is happy playing with simple toys...and we will keep it that way. Realize that your adoption journey will continue to remind yourself to surrender daily worries and ideas to God. (I still battle daily, but so admire those who do!)

Julie said...

I love my friends e and a as well. I miss them! They do have a great heart for God. I'm glad that you had the chance to spend time with them.

Also, I'm glad that you see that your 'bubble' is a ministry as well. I believe raising kids to love God is a huge ministry. And, to have them see you and how you react to the world is a great lesson.

CindieC said...

I think you two are my biggest fans!! I LOVE IT!!!